TTE Group - Basic Carbine/Rifle - MARCH, 26 2011 - Denver CO (1day)
TTE Group - Basic Rifle - MARCH, 26 2011 - Denver CO
Class Description: TTE Group's "Basic Rifle" class is designed to introduce shooters to the use, manipulation and basic marksmanship of their carbines/rifles using materials from MSG Paul Howe (RET), the owner of Combat Shooting and Tactics.
Areas to be covered in this one day class are:
° Weapon & range safety rules
° Gear/Sling Choices
° Weapon presentation
° Loading and Unloading
° Basic rifle marksmanship
° Recoil management
° Basic malfunction diagnosis and clearing
° Dryfire and livefire range exercises
This class is best attended by shooters who are looking to attain a basic skill set with their rifle prior to moving onto more advanced classes. However, both beginning and intermediate students will find materials to improve the abilities and to help diagnose shooting issues.
- Rifle with 3 magazines (5 or more suggested, and backup weapon is never a bad idea)
- Quality Belt and belt magazine pouches (quality Kydex such as CompTac, Raven Concealment, Bladetech suggested)
- 250rds of rifle ammo
- Weapon cleaning kit (cleaning rod, bore brushes, patches, rags, cleaning & lubricating oil, toothbrush)
- Hat, Rain or inclement weather gear
- Wraparound Eye and ELECTRONIC Ear protection ARE MANDATORY
- Water / Snacks (we’ll take an hour lunch break around noon, but we do NOT LEAVE THE RANGE)
- Sun Screen (non-greasy or water resistant recommended)
I suggest that you wear comfortable shoes, and clothing that you don’t mind getting dirty.
Instructor: Kelly Hohnholz received his pistol instructors certification from MSG Paul Howe (RET) at CSAT and his training resume is available online at http://ttellc.net/whoweare.html
COST: 75.00 - PAYABLE BY CHECK, MONEY ORDER OR PAYPAL.
For further information or questions, please contact TTE Group at:
Good turnout. Currently the class is full with a waiting list. Range/meetup location, payment options and additional information will be sent out MAR 01, 2011!