Site Notices
10/30/2014 3:55:04 PM
Author
Posted: 12/16/2012 2:57:03 PM
Just wondering if anybody has purchased any of these and how well were the modification done?
Sinatra
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/16/2012 4:53:52 PM
Originally Posted By Rriverrage:
Just wondering if anybody has purchased any of these and how well were the modification done?

I was wondering about their .223 conversions myself. Which mags they accept, bullet guide?
www.ComblocCustoms.com
chevyforlife1972NOVA
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/16/2012 9:22:30 PM
[Last Edit: 12/16/2012 9:23:54 PM by chevyforlife1972NOVA]
Sorry if there is a introduction place I missed but I am new here but have been on the AK forums for years. Really these conversion are no better then what someone can do at home.
Bullet guide is screwed in not rivet the 223 is hit or miss depending on the bullet guide some are made for bugly/polish mags some are made for galils all the ones I converted for galil mags
For-end not changed which really is not that hard to do
They did not do anything to the gun to justify the 600 price tag on it
IMO you should wait or buy a vepr for 500 bucks and covert it yourself
akaf47
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/16/2012 9:44:25 PM
[Last Edit: 12/16/2012 9:45:08 PM by akaf47]
I'd like to know how the bullet guides are installed?
Sinatra
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/17/2012 12:12:54 AM
Originally Posted By chevyforlife1972NOVA:
Sorry if there is a introduction place I missed but I am new here but have been on the AK forums for years. Really these conversion are no better then what someone can do at home.
Bullet guide is screwed in not rivet the 223 is hit or miss depending on the bullet guide some are made for bugly/polish mags some are made for galils all the ones I converted for galil mags

Thanks for taking the time to answer my questions. I appreciate that.

www.ComblocCustoms.com
evlblkwpnz
Gunshine State Native
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/17/2012 12:29:18 AM
They are very basic conversions. Nothing to brag about, by far. Bullshit nylon plugged holes, garbage furniture, re-used factory trigger guard, etc.. I suppose they are better than nothing though.
I am a slave to my creations.... my image cannot be seen in them, but they bear my heart and soul - evl....
Rriverrage
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/17/2012 12:59:23 AM
Sounds like I'd be better served with just buying the sporter version and do the conversion myself. The first one I did turned out okay....as far as I went. Kind of skittish about the bullet guide, and threading the end of the barrel for a muzzle break. The prices on the sporter version sure have jumped though. Paid a tad over 300 for the first one. Same place has them now for 400 +.
chevyforlife1972NOVA
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/17/2012 1:07:27 AM
Originally Posted By akaf47:
I'd like to know how the bullet guides are installed?

You drill and tap a hole into the trunnion and instead of a rivet that is used in a factory build the bullet guided his held in by a screw
chevyforlife1972NOVA
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/17/2012 1:10:16 AM
Sounds like I'd be better served with just buying the sporter version and do the conversion myself. The first one I did turned out okay....as far as I went. Kind of skittish about the bullet guide, and threading the end of the barrel for a muzzle break. The prices on the sporter version sure have jumped though. Paid a tad over 300 for the first one. Same place has them now for 400 +.

Sa part is they are only going to go up higher because Izshmash is rebuilding their factory so no new saiga's until late spring
wyldchyld
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/17/2012 10:05:19 AM

Do you have a link for where they are $400+?
wyldchyld
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/17/2012 10:08:39 AM

Do you have a link for where they are $400+?
AEnemaBay
2111 - USMC
Military
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/17/2012 10:50:14 AM

Sa part is they are only going to go up higher because Izshmash is rebuilding their factory so no new saiga's until late spring

Interesting. Got a link to that info?
"Nothing says 'come to my tree stand for a good cornholing' more than a Browning Buckmark sticker on your oversized truck." - dport

"Tactical" is a mindset, not an equipment list.
jungp
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/17/2012 10:52:58 AM

As far as bullet guide, I don't know how they can rivet it with receiver rivetted to trunnion.

Did you say you converted for galil mags?

I've done this once (not on a saiga) and would never do that again. The galil mags front tab location is different from AK mags and it is two wide.

Saw a unconverted Saiga for $500 at Rodeo gunshow on Saturday. $600 converted on doesn't sound too bad.

AEnemaBay
2111 - USMC
Military
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/17/2012 11:12:48 AM
Originally Posted By jungp:

As far as bullet guide, I don't know how they can rivet it with receiver rivetted to trunnion.

I've done this once (not on a saiga) and would never do that again. The galil mags front tab location is different from AK mags and it is two wide.

Saw a unconverted Saiga for $500 at Rodeo gunshow on Saturday. $600 converted on doesn't sound too bad.

I rivet all of my Saiga bullet guides without removing them from the receiver. It's simply a hell of a lot easier to just drill and tap a single hole.
"Nothing says 'come to my tree stand for a good cornholing' more than a Browning Buckmark sticker on your oversized truck." - dport

"Tactical" is a mindset, not an equipment list.
chevyforlife1972NOVA
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/17/2012 11:49:48 AM
Originally Posted By AEnemaBay:

Interesting. Got a link to that info?

I will look for it but the news was like 5 months ago they are reworking the plant to produce the new ak-12
chevyforlife1972NOVA
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/17/2012 11:53:31 AM
Originally Posted By jungp:

I have done 3 Saiga 223 builds I was never into the caliber so I did them for friends they use a different shape bullet guided but that conversion worked flawlessly
chevyforlife1972NOVA
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/17/2012 11:54:50 AM
[

I rivet all of my Saiga bullet guides without removing them from the receiver. It's simply a hell of a lot easier to just drill and tap a single hole.

I would love to see how you do this about to do a vepr conversion