Site Notices
10/30/2014 3:55:04 PM
Author
Posted: 2/3/2011 6:24:19 PM
i have a romanian g rifle with a synthetic stock. it slaps my cheek and gets uncomfortable if i shoot a lot of rounds. i have never had this problem with any other ak,shotgun,or rifle. i know i am getting my cheek down on the stock good,and i have even tried different positions to cure the problem with no luck. have you guys ever had this problem,or know how to fix it? thanks.
ak47mays
i love AK's
Link To This Post
Posted: 2/3/2011 7:29:20 PM
some have blamed this on the slant brake. what muzzle device are you running?
" IN GOD WE TRUST, ALL OTHERS CASH"
Surly
Link To This Post
Posted: 2/6/2011 12:40:55 PM
Originally Posted By mbavo:
i have a romanian g rifle with a synthetic stock. it slaps my cheek and gets uncomfortable if i shoot a lot of rounds. i have never had this problem with any other ak,shotgun,or rifle. i know i am getting my cheek down on the stock good,and i have even tried different positions to cure the problem with no luck. have you guys ever had this problem,or know how to fix it? thanks.

Your bolt carrier assembly is smacking the rear trunnion harder than what you're used to. Get a new recoil spring...M-14 springs are perfect replacements and are the cheapest.
ILAK
Link To This Post
Posted: 2/6/2011 11:54:42 PM
[Last Edit: 2/7/2011 7:28:53 PM by ILAK]
Originally Posted By Surly:
Originally Posted By mbavo:

Your bolt carrier assembly is smacking the rear trunnion harder than what you're used to. Get a new recoil spring...M-14 springs are perfect replacements and are the cheapest.

That's kinda what I was thinking. Worn out recoil spring, or perhaps the gun is overgassed... supposed to have a vented gas tube, has a non-vented.. that sort of thing. You could also experiment with a recoil buffer if you so desire.
kaizer27
Link To This Post
Posted: 2/7/2011 11:06:11 AM
glad this came up, my WASR slaps the shit out of my cheek and I just thought it was an AK thing. Off to get another spring.