Author
Posted: 1/20/2013 1:19:42 PM
I'm new to the yugo world what is the difference between the two.... I bought what I think is a m70 but I'm having mag fit problems...they are double stack...but could it be converted? Are there any for sure ways I can tell I have a real m70??

Thanks guys!
Liquidmetal
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/20/2013 3:37:55 PM
[Last Edit: 1/20/2013 3:42:59 PM by Liquidmetal]
Your Century M70AB2 underfolder is a parts gun, built here in the US. Assembled on a US receiver with a US barrel, along with the necessary 922r compliance parts. The rest of the parts are Yugo surplus parts.

PAPs are built in Serbia at Zastava and imported by Century. PAPs and Century kit/parts builds are completely different rifles.

PAPs are single-stacked rifles converted to double-stacked configuration by Century. They are imported with single-stacked front trunnions and bolts. The Century M70B1 (fixed stock), M70AB2 (underfolder), and M72 (RPK) all use surplus Yugo front trunnions and bolts that are originally designed as double-stacked.

In mechanical terms, the Century kit guns (not the PAPs) are closer to the original military Yugos.

Hope that makes sense.
Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.
Good judgement comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgement.
SecretSquirrel_23
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/20/2013 5:03:17 PM
Cool so as long as it says m70ab2 it's a true yugo?
Liquidmetal
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/20/2013 6:08:46 PM
[Last Edit: 1/20/2013 6:11:49 PM by Liquidmetal]
What is your definition of true?

The only rifles that come close to "true" M70B1 and M70AB2 Yugos in this country are the pre-ban Mitchell and American Arms rifles, and even that is debatable when talking about military features since they lack the grenade sight gas blocks of the military Yugos.

The Century Yugos are true to form in the sense that the have all the features (minus selective fire obviously) of the original M70B1 and M70AB2 rifles. They are not Zastava-built factory rifles and are built here in the US with a certain amount of US parts, which precludes them from being "true" Yugos in the mind of a collector.

Mechanically speaking, the Century Yugos are certainly truer to military Yugos than the PAPs are, despite the fact that they are made here and the PAPs are made at Zastava in Serbia.

Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.
Good judgement comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgement.
GoCart-Mozart
Formerly known as LIINTLICKR
NRA
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/23/2013 9:25:51 AM
Originally Posted By Liquidmetal:
What is your definition of true?

The only rifles that come close to "true" M70B1 and M70AB2 Yugos in this country are the pre-ban Mitchell and American Arms rifles, and even that is debatable when talking about military features since they lack the grenade sight gas blocks of the military Yugos.

The Century Yugos are true to form in the sense that the have all the features (minus selective fire obviously) of the original M70B1 and M70AB2 rifles. They are not Zastava-built factory rifles and are built here in the US with a certain amount of US parts, which precludes them from being "true" Yugos in the mind of a collector.

Mechanically speaking, the Century Yugos are certainly truer to military Yugos than the PAPs are, despite the fact that they are made here and the PAPs are made at Zastava in Serbia.

Thank you.
"Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk-driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars." ... "And SUV's would be considered Assault Vehicles." - Unknown Brilliant Person