Page:  / 8
Author
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/10/2013 8:57:41 AM
jgsales has the OPAP for $549 now http://www.jgsales.com/-p-60085.html
zombievet
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/10/2013 12:00:02 PM
Hey guys, has anyone found any stock options for the opap yet? I called midwest industries this am and they have a rail system, but unfortunately you cannot get the top hg with an optics mount... I suppose it will have to do - just need a tubular stock...

any info will help!
Hizzie
Oi! Scouts Troop 531
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/10/2013 12:22:03 PM
[Jump To Reply]Originally Posted By GunsAreGreat:

These are Yugo Zastava AK-47 O-PAP OPAP rifles by CAI. They have a 16" barrel, with a Yugo pattern RPK heavy duty receiver, and a standard washed wood buttstock with rubber buttpad, a black synthetic pistol grip, and a slant cut muzzle brake. They also come with a side mounted scope rail on the receiver and one hi-cap mag. CIA # RI2090N. This firearm was assembled by Century Arms International using both new US made parts and original used surplus parts. Accepts all standard AK mags for 7.62x39 caliber.
God hates a pussy.
~desertw0lf
BOSN1AC
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/10/2013 12:40:17 PM
[Jump To Reply]Originally Posted By Hizzie:
Originally Posted By GunsAreGreat:

These are Yugo Zastava AK-47 O-PAP OPAP rifles by CAI. They have a 16" barrel, with a Yugo pattern RPK heavy duty receiver, and a standard washed wood buttstock with rubber buttpad, a black synthetic pistol grip, and a slant cut muzzle brake. They also come with a side mounted scope rail on the receiver and one hi-cap mag. CIA # RI2090N. This firearm was assembled by Century Arms International using both new US made parts and original used surplus parts. Accepts all standard AK mags for 7.62x39 caliber.

The OPAP has already been established to be Yugo/Serbian factory assembled AK, not Century Arms.
GunsAreGreat
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/10/2013 12:47:58 PM
[Jump To Reply]Originally Posted By zombievet:
Hey guys, has anyone found any stock options for the opap yet? I called midwest industries this am and they have a rail system, but unfortunately you cannot get the top hg with an optics mount... I suppose it will have to do - just need a tubular stock...

any info will help!

anything for a m70 should fit.. Theres a nice quad rail handguard you can get for like $60 on amazon. The kalinka bp-02 is a nice scope mount that fits the npap, not sure if the opap is the same svd side mount ??
zombievet
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/10/2013 1:35:27 PM
Ok great thanks for clearing that up I wasn't sure if it was the really same - I will check out amazon for that rail too. I think ACE has the adapter block and stock I'd like I just need to figure out what length to get... I think it comes in 7.5, 8.5 or 9.5 - anyone know off the top of their head what the factory length is... I am not home to measure.

Thanks!
Turbo6ta
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/10/2013 2:18:12 PM
zombievet ....

Is this what your looking for:

http://riflestocks.com/store/product35.html
zombievet
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/10/2013 2:20:22 PM
YES!!!
ritterbruder
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/10/2013 8:33:35 PM

The only surplus parts that I am aware of are the wood stock set. J&G also removes and resells the two Yugo bolt-hold open magazines that come with the gun and inserts one regular steel magazine in there. Those Yugo mags are worth $30 bucks on the market so you can pretty much add $60 dollars to the price of that gun after what J&G does. Know what you are getting into when you buy from J&G. What they do is crooked.
Turbo6ta
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/10/2013 8:40:34 PM
[Last Edit: 9/10/2013 8:42:09 PM by Turbo6ta]
As far as the new O-PAP, I believe the only US sourced parts that are installed by Century Arms is:

1. Tapco G2 Single-Hook Fire Control Group (3 parts)

2. Gas Piston

3. Synthetic Pistol Grip

4. Muzzle Brake

Everything else is manufactured and assembled by Zastava Arms, Serbia
Hizzie
Oi! Scouts Troop 531
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/12/2013 7:37:16 AM
Bastids

I broke down and ordered an O-PAP. I just couldn't resist the features and price any longer.
God hates a pussy.
~desertw0lf
Turbo6ta
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/12/2013 8:06:20 AM
My O-PAP is on the UPS truck for delivery to my FFL today.

Paid $560 ... to the door
supertex
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/12/2013 12:11:25 PM
What is the deal with the piston? No pin? Is this going to be a problem? thanks
taxpayer
ivanotano
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/12/2013 12:50:48 PM
[Jump To Reply]Originally Posted By supertex:
What is the deal with the piston? No pin? Is this going to be a problem? thanks

They weld one side I believe. It is tight like the wasr's. If there's no problem with the wasr's, then don't see why there should be a problem with the O-PAP piston. It is rare that someone complain about the wasr/PAP gas piston loose.
Turbo6ta
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/12/2013 8:11:23 PM
[Last Edit: 9/13/2013 7:57:57 AM by Turbo6ta]
I posted this on another AK message board, but I will repost it here just for your info ..

Just received my PAP today. The sights are straight! Really happy about that.

Pulled off all the wood furniture and I am going to refinish with Birchwood Casey Tru-Oil.

My gun does not have that large Serbian logo on the buttstock, but does have the numbers on the right side.

The wood has a nice grain to it without any damage, so that's a plus. Also the color and the grain in the buttstock and upper and lower handguards all matches ... another plus

BTW, mine came with 2ea 30rd steel magazines. I have no idea where they were made. My guess is Serbia (a little rust on one of the mags)

BTW ... The bolt carrier and the gas piston does not have a pin holding the 2 parts together (you can see the hole where the pin should go, but I am thinking these 2 parts are pressed firmly into each other ... I am betting they never will come apart ... I am not worried about it in the least.

Ron,

Oh ya ... the gun is pretty heavy!
bjfoien
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/13/2013 11:15:46 AM
I like to think of my OPAP as feeling "solid"
Hizzie
Oi! Scouts Troop 531
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/14/2013 12:43:47 AM
O-PAP shipped! Will be at dealer Wednesday. I work Thursday, Friday and a 24 on Saturday
God hates a pussy.
~desertw0lf
rkammer
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/14/2013 12:46:07 PM
My O-PAP was shipped from Bud's on Thursday and UPS says it will be at my LGS on Monday. I'm excited.
2DARK2C
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/14/2013 2:21:59 PM
gas piston is supposed to wiggle.

i heard a lot of complaints about high round count sar series rifles with unusual wear to the front trunions. i had one of these sar1, i never had a problem personally. i could see where the gas piston was hitting the front trunion though.

if i had one of these now i'd try and make it correct, not sure how if they are welding them in though
Somebody hits me, I'm going to hit him back. Even if it does look like
he hasn't eaten in a while.
Charles Barkley
GunsAreGreat
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/14/2013 6:29:15 PM
O-PAP shipped! Will be at dealer Wednesday. I work Thursday, Friday and a 24 on Saturday

My n-pap came in a couple a days ago from jgsales but i was delayed, thanks a lot nics !! can't pick it up until wednesday unless they call back sooner which i doubt they will !!
BOSN1AC
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/15/2013 12:53:09 PM
[Jump To Reply]Originally Posted By rkammer:
My O-PAP was shipped from Bud's on Thursday and UPS says it will be at my LGS on Monday. I'm excited.

Hey mine was shipped on Thursday also. I paid on the 8-28-13 and it was marked "shipping", and they just now shipped it on 9-13-13. That's too long damnit.
Hizzie
Oi! Scouts Troop 531
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/15/2013 2:17:50 PM
[Jump To Reply]Originally Posted By GunsAreGreat:
Originally Posted By Hizzie:

My n-pap came in a couple a days ago from jgsales but i was delayed, thanks a lot nics !! can't pick it up until wednesday unless they call back sooner which i doubt they will !!

Nice thing about Texas. I have my CHL. I just fill out my papers, pay my transfer fee and leave with my purchase.
God hates a pussy.
~desertw0lf
GunsAreGreat
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/16/2013 5:01:08 AM
Originally Posted By Hizzie:

Nice thing about Texas. I have my CHL. I just fill out my papers, pay my transfer fee and leave with my purchase.

I wish it was the same here in maine, It only makes sense ! I'd apply for a upin but i hear its taking up to a year for people to get them !! Just have to grin and bear the delays i guess !!!!
BOSN1AC
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/20/2013 5:37:57 AM
I read some reviews that they are receiving canter sights on these. Should I refuse it at the FFL if mine has it?
Turbo6ta
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/20/2013 9:03:17 AM
[Last Edit: 9/20/2013 9:13:40 AM by Turbo6ta]
[Jump To Reply]Originally Posted By BOSN1AC:
I read some reviews that they are receiving canted sights on these. Should I refuse it at the FFL if mine has it ?

Your FFL has nothing to do with this gun except giving you a place to have the gun legally sent to from the retailor you bought it from. Your FFL is not going to allow you to not accept the gun, unless you just want him to keep it as a nice gift from you ... and he is not responsible to send the gun back to either your retailor or Century (you paid him just to accept the gun).

That leaves you with 2 options ... Send it back to the retailor you bought it from or to Century.

The problem is that most retailors don't want the gun once you purchase it if the problem is a warranty item ... they will tell you that you must send it direct to Century and have Century either fix the problem or send a replacement gun back to you (again, through your local FFL).

BTW ... If I had to send my gun to Century, I would talk to them first about them getting you a "UPS Pre-paid Return Shipping Label", so you don't have to pay for shipping back to Century. This shipping label can be sent to you by Century as an attachment in an email, so all you have to do is print it out, and attach it to the box before taking the box to a UPS store for shipping ... easy
Page:  / 8