Site Notices
11/28/2014 6:01:52 AM
11/27/2014 12:14:39 AM
Page:  / 4
Next Page  
Author
Link To This Post
Posted: 11/19/2013 10:49:59 PM EST
Could the railed version be modified to accept an Acog without a separate mount?

I don't mean another version. I just want to know if it would be as easy as just drilling the holes to directly mount an Acog. I guess it would work as long as there was enough clearance for the head of the bolt under the rail.
nsnate02
Link To This Post
Posted: 11/20/2013 11:16:05 AM EST
Got mine and really like it. Running it on a Saiga 308 with Weaver Tactical "high" rings and a Bushnell AR223 1-4x24. I could probably use the medium rings with some of the other 1-4 but the Bushnell is a 30mm tube and the back half is a bit larger than some others. On mine it doesn't sit centered but it is straight. It is a bit too far right (looking from the backside). Only wish it had about 2 more slots in the front of the rail to get a little better eye relief, but it is acceptable as is. May have to get something different that will set centered on my gun. Not MI fault IMO. I think it's just and issue with a com-block type gun.
Turbo6ta
Link To This Post
Posted: 11/23/2013 9:36:36 AM EST
[Last Edit: 11/23/2013 9:37:41 AM EST by Turbo6ta]
I mounted the Midwest MI-AK30SM mount on my Zastava (Yugo) O-PAP, but because this rifle comes with an SVD style side rail, the Midwest mount did need a little material filed off the inside edge of the mount.

Very happy with it, and the little mod I needed to do was super easy.

Here is the gun with a DPH Arms 'skeleton stock' and the Midwest Industries mount / Weaver scope:

MN44
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/18/2014 12:12:05 AM EST
I'm very disappointed overall with this rail and single 30mm mount.
I've tried 4 different ones and end up keeping one and even that one I had to fabricate somewhat and it's not properly centered.
All of them are incorrectly centered on Saiga's (all sit to the right not center).
All of them rub on the dustcover from being offset to much to the right , (the one I kept I had to remove enough metal from rubbing against the dust cover).
Latest one had rusted (single) spring as well.

Good idea, great height (or excellent low profile). poor final production measurements of mounts.
Saigas are probably the biggest AK market and I'm surprised how a company based a mount of some WASR or whatever and not tested any on Saigas.
Midwest_Ind
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/18/2014 7:08:30 AM EST
Originally Posted By MN44:

I am sorry the mounts will not work for you. Each AK is a little different and depending on how the rail was riveted on the receiver determines where the mount will sit. If you tried 4 different scope mounts and none of them worked I wish you would have given me a call or sent me an email so I could have tried to work through it with you. Can you please send me an email as I have a few questions for you.

Thank You
Andy
MI
Midwest Industries Inc.
Quality Manufacturers of Tactical Rifle Accessories

www.midwestindustriesinc.com
win
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/31/2014 9:24:42 PM EST
Has anyone tried this scope mount on a SAR1.
I like how low it sits.
I was going to try a kvar, but I think i like this better.
thanks
MN44
Link To This Post
Posted: 2/4/2014 3:40:05 PM EST
It might work, after all it was probably made using Romanian AK specs.
The only AK's this won't fit properly is Saiga or Russian made.
None of the 7 Saigas I own these fit properly.
MadRussian75
Link To This Post
Posted: 2/5/2014 8:26:26 PM EST
I have one of these on teh way. Just installed Midwest handguards tonight. Great stuff
Page:  / 4
Next Page