Author
Posted: 10/15/2010 4:40:10 AM

THE IMAGE ABOVE IS A PAID ADVERTISEMENT
I want to put a MagPul Moe Stock on my new draco and need a stock adapter for after sbr'ing it, Vltor seems to be the best and the most expensive, convince me to get it or something else.

Thanks.
NY_Shooter
Eh?
Link To This Post
Posted: 10/15/2010 12:07:39 PM
Assuming you mean this:

........it won't work on a Draco. They have different rear trunnions than a normal stamped AK, being that they are pistols.

The easiest way to attach a MOE to a Draco would be this one, from ACE:

......or one of these, if you don't want a folder:

Here's some pics of the first adapter I linked to:

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=4&f=98&t=129664
"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."
neofite
Link To This Post
Posted: 10/15/2010 1:41:41 PM
I'am aware the I would need the trunnion changed, my biggest concern is the durability of the adapter.

Thanks.
NY_Shooter
Eh?
Link To This Post
Posted: 10/15/2010 2:56:02 PM
Originally Posted By neofite:
I'am aware the I would need the trunnion changed, my biggest concern is the durability of the adapter.

Thanks.

Oh, ok. Well in that case.......I've heard nothing but rave reviews about it on the Saiga forums. If it holds up to 12ga recoil, I'd imagine it would have no problem dealing with 7.62x39. VLTOR is top notch anyway. I wouldn't hesitate to use it.

That's my $.02, anyway.
"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."
terdferguson
Link To This Post
Posted: 10/15/2010 4:49:10 PM
Pardon my ignorance and the slight hijack, but will the ace adapter work on a Yugo M92 underfolder rear trunion? I'll be building an M92 very soon and I HATE underfolders. I absolutely LOVE the look of that SBR Draco and would like to do something similar on my M92 but without the rail.
NY_Shooter
Eh?
Link To This Post
Posted: 10/15/2010 5:24:10 PM
[Last Edit: 10/15/2010 5:24:35 PM by NY_Shooter]
Originally Posted By terdferguson:
Pardon my ignorance and the slight hijack, but will the ace adapter work on a Yugo M92 underfolder rear trunion? I'll be building an M92 very soon and I HATE underfolders. I absolutely LOVE the look of that SBR Draco and would like to do something similar on my M92 but without the rail.

Don't quote me on this.........but I've heard that underfolder rear trunnions are similar to Draco pistol rear trunnions. (If my Google-fu is correct, they do indeed look very similar) If that's the case, then I'd assume it would work fine. In the picture above, the guy drilled/tapped directly into the rear trunnion to mount that ACE adapter hinge.

I can't give you a 100% yes or no, though.
oliverb
Link To This Post
Posted: 10/16/2010 10:15:47 AM
Some Draco rear trunnions are and some are not. You have to inspect to know. Don't assume. Mine isn't.
neofite
Link To This Post
Posted: 10/16/2010 5:05:05 PM
Is there a Vltor like one that has no QD sling points and will allow the buttstock to close all the way to the receiver.

Thanks.